Thursday, August 24, 2006

Visitors & Notes from Mark

Last night when I was out grinding the bathtub (more on that in a bit) My uncle Fred stopped by to see the house for the first time. It was nice to see him and to show him around the place (and it was nice to hear all his compliments on it too! smile.)

A little bit later Lori and Allen - neighbors immediately to the east - came by for a look at the progress as well. I sure do enjoy giving tours! Allen was full of questions and enthusiasm as usual - he's such a fun kid, and he's probably the second-most excited person about this whole project, after me. I had a nice visit with them, and again enjoyed all the compliments from Lori. :)

I spoke to Mark a little earlier today, and it sounds like there's a lot going on today! Andy, the electrician I met yesterday, and Frank, his partner, are out there puting the first fixtures in place. Somebody from Barron Heating is working on the wood-stove-pipes, and somebody else is locating the utilities and figuring out the connection points. I'll get out there after work today, and you can bet there'll be pictures here tomorrow...

No comments: