Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Interior Primed

Last Thursday (Yes, I've gotten a little atrasado. I have many good excuses, but I won't bore you with them here.) The first coat of Primer was done on the interior drywall. I was lucky enough to actually catch the guys still working on it when I showed up about 6:00 pm, so I ducked my head inside and got an action shot:
The two fellows from Van Beek Drywall who were doing the primering took a break and talked to me for a few minutes. Friendly guys, I beleive their names were Thomas & Rusty. (I should have written your names down. Appologies if I got them wrong!) Like most of the tradespeople I meet and talk to about my house, they commented on how small it is - it seems pretty big to me, but the trend around here in new construction, especially custom, is for MUCH larger places. People just can't seem to wait to buy 5 acres in the country and build a 4 acre house on it. Well, I'm exagerating there, but 3000+ sq. ft. seems to be the average these days. Personally, I'd rather have extra room outside for some more fruit trees and berry bushes.

So, enough of me ranting, back to the pictures. Here's what the interior looks like now, after the primer has dried. It's a bit spooky, everything being uniformly white.
And having the windows still all masked off is a little wierd too. Makes the rooms feel small and kind of stuffy. But that will all change when the masking comes down...
The Texturing coat was supposed to go on Saturday, but the machine broke down. So it's been sent down to Seattle for repairs and we don't know exactly when it will be back in action. The painter was scheduled to come today, but unfortunately Robin had to call and cancel. We've been really really lucky though, I suppose we were due for some kind of a setback. Hopefully it won't be too long of a delay. Probably just a couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and keep meaning to ask you. How many square feet is the house?

I hate the trend of larger and larger houses and hope to build a smaller house like yours some day.

Love reading about the house, keep it up!

Addie said...

It's 1910 square feet. Three bedrooms + an office which could qualify as a fourth if needed.

I've actually been meaning to put up a little stat box or something on the sidebar, with this sort of info. If I can just find the time... :)

Thanks for reading!