1. The slate tile backsplash in the kitchen was grouted, and it looks amazing.
Here's the tile along the bar. That tile there on the left is my favorite tile. It doesn't show up as well as I'd like in this picture, but in real life it looks like a landscape painting, like picture jasper that you'd see a jewelry setting. I'm glad that it was given such a prominent setting.
2. The hearth was grouted as well, and except for the light switch is ready for the wood stove to be put into place. I think that may be on the list for today. Those whitish splotches in the center look like fossilized lichen, which is pretty cool even if that's not really what they are.
3. The entry way, downstars bathroom, and much of the livingroom and kitchen were masked off and are ready for the trim to be painted. Masking this much area off is a HUGE job, in and of itself.
4. The upstairs doorknobs were installed.
5. The wooden forms that surrounded the slab have been removed. I had actually forgotten that they were still there. I guess they must leave them on to protect the slab edges - like along the front of the porch - from getting chipped or something during the construction process.
6. The stairway railings were cut to length and the angle ends were glued on, so they are pretty much ready to install.
And on top of all of that, a bunch of site cleanup was also done. There are probably a bunch of other things as well that I didn't notice!
I'm not certain what exactly is on the roster for today, but probably 5 or 6 of the of the following:
And more... Three days to go, counting today!