Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Aaaahhh - Long Weekend

We stayed in town and played host all weekend - lots of fun, even in our tiny apartment. Of course, no visit with us is complete without a tour of the house site. Here's Baby Moira, her Auntie Charlotte and Mom Tombi checking out the upper floor...
Moira's Dad Nick and our friends Janet and Gabe also came out and took the tour over the weekend, but somehow managed to evade my camera. Cary's Mom and Grandma also visited, although they took the self-guided tour this time. :) Next time we'll have to coordinate in advance...

In progress-related news, on Friday the fuse box was installed
Also on Friday, Steve put up the first little patch of siding, and blocking for the exterior light fixtures (that's what he's working on in the shadow). Today or tomorrow the electrical will be finished...

I also got a really nice still-in-the-box Baldwin entry doorknob & lock set from my uncle Fred's wife Debbie's son-in-law's yard sale. Not that I actually went to the yard sale, but Fred called me at 8 am on Saturday to see if I was interested in it. (He said, "So, has anyone ever called you at 8 am on a Saturday to talk about doorknobs before?" - I had to admit it was the first time.) It's really nice. I'm not sure if we can use it or not, we had already looked at and picked out a doorknob but I'm not sure if it's been ordered. Still, for $25 it seemed like too good a deal to pass up, so I took it. If I can't use it, I can resell it for at least what I paid for it, no harm done.

UPDATE - We probably can't use the doorknob. The doorknob itself hasn't been ordered, but the door HAS - and it was bored to fit the one we'd picked from the catalogue. The Baldwin one probably has a 5+" distance between the lock and the knob, and the door was made to fit one with a 3+" distance. I'll double check the Baldwin when I get home, but it's doubtful. Oh well. Like I said before, I bet I can resell the Baldwin without any trouble...

No comments: