Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Trim Details

Most of the upstairs trim has now been done. All the doors have been hung, and most have been trimmed out on at least one side. There's still quite a bit of raw trim material in the pile in the living room, but progress is definately being made. :) Here are a few shots of the trim details, which I promised to post a few days ago, so you can see for yourself how nice it looks. Starting with the extra-deep windowsill:
This is the upper "lip" detail, which has a nice classic feel to it:
Here's what the whole bedroom looks like, complete with the baseboard trim.
Once all the trim is up they'll putty all those little nail holes and then it will be painted. The color in the bedroom is a lighter shade of the same color from the walls. Outside of the bedrooms, the trim will be painted a slightly darker shade of the wheat/tan wall color. I can't wait to see that!

6 comments:

Joe said...

Very nice. I especially like that "upper lip". I almost want to do that to all my doors and windows in my house. Almost.

donutboy said...

I haven't seen a single post about the good guys up @ hardware sales. That is a store that every town needs. I use to call on Ty a couple of years ago when that was part of my territory....I miss that town and the ta-kill-ya burrito bar.....

so whats up? you guys don't do hardware sales?

knitbot said...

Oh how I miss Hardware Sales. Olympia has some good local hardware emporiums, but they're not as... ..dense as HS in Bellingham. Casa Que Pasa closed down. Let's just say it wasn't due to lack of business. Cough, cough.

Addie said...

Oh, I'm totally in Love with Hardware Sales. They rock. I'm in and out of there all the time for this and that, really I am. For instance, for the mitigation planting alone we bought probably $500 worth of shovels, wheelbarrow, and implements of distruction from HS. God Bless 'em.

Oh, and yeah, sorry to say but there's no more Casa Que Pasa in town. It's hard for a business to survive when somebody's got their nose in the till. Ahem. In the meantime, Bandito's Burritos, Tacos Lobos, and JalapeƱos are surely doing their best to pick up the slack.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love that trim - so square! Your "House Stats" and "Cast of characters is neat too - I might steal that for my own house blog.

Addie said...

Feel free! Thanks for the compliments..