Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me...

Yep, today's my thirty-first birthday. As my friend Aimee says, that means I am now thirty-wonderful. :)

So, what did I get for my birthday? Well, I haven't opened any presents yet (that's for later tonight) but I did talk to Mark and I got a whole bunch of good news. First, Alan Hale the Laminate guy (his company is called Aligator Works) is out at my house putting the laminate on the countertops today. Also, the China-multi slate tiles are at the house now and they might start laying them out in the entryway. Which is all certainly pretty nifty. But... the BEST news is that Mark is pretty confident he can have our house FINISHED by the end of December! Which really means before Christmas, because realistically, nothing would get done the week between Christmas and New Years anyway, and everybody knows it. Any way you slice it, the news that December will be the last month we live in the aparment makes for a terrific birthday present. It kind of brings a special cheer to Thanksgiving, too.

There will be no posting over the holiday weekend, because I don't have a computer at home and I'm not coming to work! You all have a happy Thanksgiving. Remember, if you have a warm, safe and secure house, enough food to eat, and a warm bed to sleep in you are wealthier than 75% of the people on this planet.

No comments: