Monday, November 20, 2006

Fence Finished

On Saturday Cary and I finished building the rest of the fence around the mitigation planting area. It was a big job. Cary dug all the holes but one (Ralphie Wiggins voice: I'm helping!), most of which promptly filled with water. I mean, you could actually see the water rising up from the bottoms and running down the sides of the fresh-dug holes. In a couple of instances, we hit air pockets (or somehting) which bubbled and popped and sputterd, presumably as the previously trapped air or gas was replaced by water. It was a pretty wierd thing.
Anyway, here's the finished fence. Remarkably straight and level-looking, if I do say so myself.
Now we just have to decide whether we want to build another fence down the west side of the driveway, or plant a row of shrubberies instead. What would you do, internet?

No comments: