Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This time it's really spring, right?

It sure feels like spring, anyhow. I went ahead and planted some pea starts that Dave gave us. (I think they are shelling peas, not snow peas, Andy. But clearly great minds think alike!)
They are already pretty tall, some of them already reach the trellis. It's like jump-starting the garden! I built the trellis myself out of bamboo, some sacrificial alder saplings, wire and string. I hope it holds up...

On Saturday at the farmers market we got some other early season starts too: Brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale, artichokes and some lettuces. If it doesn't rain (or snow) this weekend I hope to get them planted too! Between those and the starts Keeley has so kindly offered to share with us, it'll be feeling like spring in my garden in no time.

1 comment:

Gabe said...

My little backyard forest is exploding! Yay Spring!