Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day to us!

We celebrated yesterday by getting a big pile of dirt delivered! It's nice stuff: a 3-way blend of compost, topsoil, and sand. Romantic, no?
I can't wait to start making garden beds and working this nice soil into planting holes for shrubs and fruit trees. Also check out the fence - it is now finished, at last! It took a little over a year, but it really looks good.

Spring must be on the way, I'm really starting to feel the urge to plant things!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! Spring!!! soon :)

Ericson said...

hey I'm hoping for a pile of dirt for my birthday.

Keeley said...

I'm thinking about pulling together a light set up for my starts this year. I had good success with starts last year and had way more than what I needed, so let me know if there is anything in particular you want this year, cause I'll likely have extra of whatever I'm growing. Cheers to Spring!!!

Addie said...

I'd love to coordinate some starts with you Keeley! I'm really not sure how big of a garden space we are going to make for annuals this year. But I guess we have a couple months of planning time left to figure it out anyhow...

Keeley said...

I just found some lights on Craigslist for super cheap. So i'm going to get those and probably buy new bulbs for plants. I'll need to build a frame or something to suspend them by and a stand for the starts. I'm going to try to get all this done this weekend. Then I'll be ready to start the starts. I'll give you a call.

Addie said...

Cool! I have some assorted seeds that I'll contribute...