Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Shingle Dipping


Last night Cary and I started dipping the shingles. It took a while to get everything set up, but once we had all the equipment (ladders, clothesline, buckets, gutters, and weights - it's like some kind of Goldberg contraption) in place, the actual dipping went pretty quickly. We dipped a whole bundle of them, and left them hanging to dry overnight. The stain color is more or less the grey of naturally wheathered cedar.
I think it will look nice on the house, the rest of the siding will be dark green, the roof will be dark grey, and the trim will be white. Here's a close up of the shingle stain color:

I've got pictures, but I'm still having trouble uploading them for some reason. I'll try again later.

Update: aparently it's not just me, everybody's having trouble posting pictures. They're working on fixing it. Hopefully it'll be fixed by tomorrow, so I can put up pictures of the framing that went up today.

Update 7/26: fixed now!

No comments: