Thursday, June 01, 2006

Welcome to the Site!

The story so far...

In December, 2002, I bought 7 slightly damp acres in Whatcom County, about 10 miles northeast of the city of Bellingham. Since that time I have been working on preparing a site, designing the house, and obtaining all the permits required to build a house on it. It's taken a looooong time to get all the peices in place, from the bank to the county to the wetland delineation to the army corps of engineers. But at last, on June 15th, we broke ground. And boy, are things ever moving fast now!

I've been taking and e-mailing pictures of the progress to family and friends. This blog is designed to eliminate the "need" to e-mail loads of photos every day. Instead, you can check in for the latest building progress whenever is convenient, without finding your e-mail box crammed full of pictures every time you log in. You can thank me by buying me home furnishings later. :)

P.S. Yes, I know it isn't August yet. But since this software wants to organize everything by date, the only way to keep this "welcome" post at the top of the page is to date it into the future. Actually, I'm pretty proud of myself for thinking of it. I even re-dated the posts of the older pictures (you know, the ones you already got via e-mail) so now everything is in the correct order. Yay!

Much Later P.S. I'm changing the date on this post to move it back to the begining of the blog, since it's served it's "welcoming" function now and it's time for the new stuff to go to the top of the page.

No comments: