Sunday, December 02, 2007

Making Babies*

Check these cuties out:

These dolls are the new addition to my regular stuffed animal "product line" for this year's Pacific Arts Holiday Market. I think they turned out very nicely. I have a bunch more cut out that need to be embroidered, coifed, stuffed and dressed.. I'm not sure how many I will have ready by Friday 12/7 for the show's opening, beyond these four. At least four are a good start!

You may have noticed that I haven't been blogging as much lately, which is largely due to the fact that I'm slaving away in my own little sweatshop making goods for the market. Here are some of the other items I've finished:
Monkey

Monkey



Penguin

Penguin



Lamb

Lamb



ducklings

Ducklings



teddy bears

Big & Little Bears
It's so hard to take a group shot without someone closing their eyes!


Having a dedicated space for sewing and crafting (in the laundry room) is really great. It's wonderful to be able to leave everything strewn about in the midst of a project, stop, and come back to it later - as opposed to having to share space on the kitchen table. I can even close the door to keep the cats out! Kitties love nothing more than to come in the house all wet & muddy and curl up in the middle of a pile of freshly cut pattern peices... which is not ideal. The countertop is just the right height, and the lighting couldn't be better. It's nice to be able to look out the window and watch the snow falling. The only thing that would make it a better workspace is a radio...

*Not that way! Geez. I'm not that kind of blogger.

2 comments:

Keeley said...

Thanks for the special made dolly- she's really lovely and I think Celeste will love her.

Iris said...

The whole "product line" looks wonderful! I am super impressed and glad to know you have a fabulous workspace too. Hope it's going well at the market...I love the "babies" but the penguin is still my favorite.