Thursday, August 23, 2007

Riding Lawn Mower

The only thing better than a riding lawn mower is a FREE riding lawn mower! We are now the lucky owners of what I can only describe as the neighborhood hand-me-down riding lawn mower. It once belonged to someone named Randy, who gave it to the retired school-teachers at the end of our road, who then gave it to the Farmer family on the other side of us when, who passed it on to us earlier this week. Is that about the most awesome "welcome to the neighborhood" present ever, or what? Big thanks to everyone involved in this generous neighborhood network. Someday I hope we can pass it along to another household with a huge lawn to mow. :) Naturally we couldn't wait to try it out. It works just fine, the only thing wrong with it is that it tends to overheat after 20-30 minutes of operation. We might try to fix that, eventually, although it really isn't that big of a deal to let it cool down for 10 minutes or so and then go back to mowing. And man, is it ever faster than the walk-behind mower (which was also free, a hand-me-down from my parents who got themselves a brand new riding mower this spring), although it can't get quite as close to the house and other obstacles. There's nothing wrong with free lawnmowers, of any sort!

5 comments:

Ericson said...

it looks like cary needs a beer in his hand

Janet said...

And headphones.

Aimee said...

Addie, I've tagged you. Please go to my blog and read the rules.

Dan said...

I wish my lawnmower overheated after about twenty minutes, what better excuse for a break.

Addie said...

Yeah, I can think of worse problems it could come with! :)