There was lots and lots of hammering to be done.
Papa helped with some of the fine points, like aiming the hammer at the nail. It's tough to hit those little things, but Conan is very determined.
It's loud inside the duck wing when there's hammering going on!
I'm particularly proud of the rope system we set up for opening the outside access door without having to go into the pen. We'll have to build a gangplank or a step for them to get down into their yard, but that can wait until later.
Here's the "finished" exterior. Someday we'll get some siding on this thing, and it will look amazing. For now though, functional, recycled and sturdy will do.
We're all excited to have the duck wing finished, and looking forward to baby chicks. Some of us might be more excited than others. :)
Update: Monday we got a chick feeder, waterer, and starter feed, as well as sawdust for bedding. We got the duckwing all set up and ready, including a heat lamp. The last step is to monitor the temperature at chick level and adjust the light as needed to ensure we can maintain the correct temperature (95-100F) day and night. Once I'm satisfied with our temperature control, we'll be off to get some peepers!