Monday, August 07, 2006

Windows and Roofing

Friday was a big day - the windows were installed (most of them, anyway)and the roofing began. Cary had the day off work so he went out about noon to take a look. The roofing was off to a great start.
After I got home from work we went out again, about 7:30 pm. The roofing crew was STILL going strong! They had about 1 1/2 hours of daylight left, and it looked like they planned to make the most of it. They were men on a mission. I don't think they could possibly have finished it that night (we were out of town for a wedding this weekend, so I don't know for certain) but there is no doubt at all that the roof will be done by the time I see it tonight!
As I mentioned above, the windows are almost all installed. They left the three bedroom dormer windows out, presumably because that gave the roofers easy acess to the porch roof. The windows look great. The brand is Jeld-Wen and they are vinyl with Low-E glass. They feel substantial, yet open and close easily. Here's Cary's self-portrait, reflected in the window of the living room:
The curved alcove above the fancy north bedroom window has also been framed in, and I think it's going to be really nice. You can't see it in this picture because of the strong backlighting, but that's what I'm pointing at. :)

No comments: